WHO'S WHO IN SERVICE - Food and Beverage Service Training #5
WHO’S WHO IN SERVICE
1. Trainee / Commis:
An apprentice. Helps with preparation, like polishing cutlery and glasses.
2. Commis de Rang or Runner:
Plays a supportive role to the Station Head Waiter. Helps with clearing and re-setting.
3. Station Waiter:
Makes recommendations and takes the Guests’ orders.
4. Station Head Waiter:
Might make menu and wine recommendations and take orders. Oversees Station Waiters.
5. Wine Steward or Sommelier:
Responsible for the service of alcoholic drinks. Has great knowledge of all drinks, especially wine.
6. Maître d’hôtel or Head Waiter: Has a supervisory role. Able to assist Station Waiters as well as the Restaurant Manager.
7. Reception Head Waiter: Handles reservations. Greets Guests as they arrive at the restaurant.
8. Restaurant Manager: In charge of organization and administration. Ensures that all aspects of service run smoothly.
Watch Waiter Training Video Courses, Barman Training Video Courses, Hotel Training Video Courses, Restaurant Training Video Courses, and Bar Training Video Courses.
Hotel Training | Service Training | Hospitality Training | Restaurant Training | Waiter Training | Bar Training | Hotel Video Courses | Service Video Courses | Hospitality Video Courses | Restaurant Video Courses | Waiter Video Courses | Bar Video Courses